Thursday, July 21, 2011

Two Landscapes

I've tried my hand with landscapes over the years, sometimes with more success than others. I find it challenging to get the lighting right, among other things. Here are two recent landscapes I've done. The first is a small abstract watercolor landscape.


I'm pretty happy with this little painting. I used bright colors and didn't worry too much as I painted. It's fun to paint in this free style and let the image emerge.

The second landscape is a mixed media collage. My family and I have recently been spending a lot of time at the ocean and I'd like to bring more of those experiences into my artwork.


I don't feel like it's finished at this point, but I'm not sure what else to add. I may add some text, or more collage elements. I like the idea of using collage and painting together like this, though. It's a new way of working for me, and I'm finding it to be much more fun than doing a more traditional landscape painting.

to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment