Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Journaling is the Thing

As I explore the world of mixed media art, I'm learning that journaling is a prominent component. I admit that I've never been consistent with any kind of journaling. Mixed media makes journaling a whole lot more fun! In these examples, I've used a combination of writing, collage, gesso and painting. What value is there in a journal like this? For one thing, it's less intimidating than a canvas or precious piece of watercolor paper. There is no pressure for it to be a finished piece. Rather, it's a place to play and experiment.








2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous journal pages!
    I especially love the last one! Very inspiring!

    So glad I found your blog through the "All Kinds of Artists" Artist Blog Hop!
    I am your newest follower! :)

    I welcome you to check out my blog, too!
    Best,
    Mary C. Nasser
    http://www.marycnasser.com/blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary! I'm quite new to mixed media and I'm loving it! Feedback is very much appreciated. I'll be sure to visit your blog!!

    ReplyDelete