Sunday, March 6, 2016

Back in Blue

Hello Blog. Remember me? I used to post here about my art. Then a funny thing happened. I started doing even more art and didn't take the time to blog. But now I'm back, at least for the moment. I'm still doing art, but the pace has slowed a bit as I'm in the midst of my academic year as a teacher and have less time for fun.

I'm taking Carla Sonheim's 2016 year long class, Y is for Yellow to help me stay inspired and motivated. Each lesson has a different theme beginning with a letter of the alphabet. For 'B' we painted in the style of Picasso's Blue Period using layers of watercolor and gel medium.  I haven't done much of this type of study and found it to be a wonderful exercise.

"Contemplative Woman in Blue" after Picasso
My version of Picasso's Mother and Child 1901

And my favorite painting from my blue period is this original portrait I did of my great great grandmother.



It feels good to back. I hope to post more soon. 


1 comment: