Monday, December 26, 2011

Spacious Skies: Old Works

Today as some are enjoying a quiet, relaxing day after Christmas, my industrious husband is cleaning out our garage. A box of my old art work has been sitting out there, neglected and falling prey to dust, mildew, and spiders (the main reason I have put off taking care of it). But today turned out to be the day to open the box, and realize that everything inside is still in pretty good shape. And I found some long forgotten work I'd done that looks pretty good! Here are three watercolors I found today. I see that my love of big horizons is on display in these sketches, something that comes from growing up on the prairie.




These muted scenes are a nice reminder of my ongoing love affair with watercolor and lonely, muted landscapes.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe that is why the ocean home appeals to. Big skies, lonely, beautiful open spaces. Love these past works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yes, I do think that's why I love the ocean so much. I like to see a lot of sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've really captured the light sparkling on the water in your first piece - love these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Susie. I've been so busy with the holidays and out-of-town visitors, that I haven't done any artwork for what seems like forever! I'm hoping to squeeze in some time this coming week as we settle back into our regular routine.

    ReplyDelete