Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Gelli Plate Monoprint





It's hard to imagine anything much more relaxing and fun than playing with the gelli plate. I've had mine over a year and so far I've used it primarily to make collage papers. But after taking Carla Sonheim's Gelli Plate Printmaking Introductory online class, I've learned some new techniques to use with the plate to make monoprints that are beautiful pieces of art in their own right. This print is on watercolor paper, made with simple handmade stencils. 

3 comments:

  1. I just love this. Such a serene feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible and so much beautiful texture to look at!! When I am back home again and find the time I will to it also one more...thank you for the inspiration! Great work! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete