Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Deja Vu!

Meadowlark, Fly your Way Down...


This meadowlark might look familiar to those who saw my earlier meadowlark collage this summer. I happened on an extra inkjet printout of it today when I was going through some papers and thought it was too good to waste. Plus, it gave me a chance to try a gel transfer with the gel medium I bought recently. I'm trying to integrate more of my own drawing and painting into my work. In this collage, I scribed leaves into gesso along the lefthand side and aimed for watercolor effects the in the background. I'm pretty happy with it as it is, yet it may be a work in progress, as I look at it and think about whether it needs anything else to feel finished.

1 comment:

  1. Love all your work. Have been looking at many of your posts...found you thru PPF. I am now a follower. Come visit me sometime.

    ReplyDelete