Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resistance is Futile: Ipad 'Painting'






Since I spend so much time on the computer for work, and other aspects of daily life, I have been resisting any form of digital artwork. It's not that I don't admire it, it's just that I do art in part because I need to do something with my hands that takes me far away from the fast-paced digital world. Yet somehow, over the recent holiday break, I found myself experimenting with drawing and painting on the ipad. I bought myself a stylus, and upgraded my copy of the app Paper by 53 so that I would have the watercolor painting tools. After that, I proceeded to enjoy myself thoroughly, playing around  with drawing and painting on the screen.




It's a great way to squeeze in sketching practice while on vacation. If you don't like your sketch, you just hit delete and start again! This certainly won't replace my other artistic pursuits, but I am happy to have found a way to use my Ipad to work on my art skills. 





5 comments:

  1. these look wonderful.
    i have not yet been interested in digital art... but perhaps i will check in to this. might have to find out what a stylus is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed and so want to try this! Going to look up that app right now! Thanks again for sharing, your digital art rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I don't have an iPad, iPhone or any of those i's. My eMac does have Photoshop Elements on it and I enjoy doing digital stuff on it. I am amazed at your ability to make digital watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the idea...and I'm much better with digital art drawing. I like being able to erase things!! Glad you're enjoying it. Plus you can still use your hands!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete