Saturday, June 1, 2013

B is for Bowl



B is for Bowl
Mixed Media page in hand made journal

Sometimes pieces come together so quickly. This is a page in my handmade cereal box/junk journal that I made back in January. I loved the background collaged with a variety of hand-panted and scrap papers, but every time I looked through my journal, I wasn't sure what to do with it. The simple bowl shape seemed like a good choice for an otherwise busy page. I chose a muted palette for the bowl, and used a box to make a more interesting and focused composition. The 'B' (upside down at the bottom) just happened to be there -- a happy coincidence.




1 comment:

  1. What a great composition! A really interesting and wyecatching piece ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete