Wednesday, July 9, 2014

"For Her" Mixed Media Floral Painting

"For Her"
acrylic on canvas
8" x 10"


I bought a multi-pack of canvases recently so that I would have plenty on hand. Unfortunately, I'm discovering that I might actually prefer painting on wood panels to canvas. I painted a layer of modeling paste on this canvas before painting to create more texture, and as you can see, it creates a beautiful texture and depth in the painting. I used masking fluid to create the design in the leaves, and I am thrilled with how they turned out. Since I love collage, I couldn't resist adding a tiny bit to this painting and that is how I came to the title for this piece.

2 comments:

  1. I love your mixed media. Wood is awesome to work on. Lots of texture and soft colors. Looks great.:) Thanks for stopping by my PPF post. I appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful painting, Debbie. Thank you for sharing.

    http://agagasiniak.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete