Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Growing Stronger, Updated



This is a piece I've been working for awhile. I started it in January and let it sit for awhile. To see what it looked like then, go here. The more I looked at her, the more I wanted to add more color. I love using the watercolor over gesso technique, but sometimes I want more color. I felt like I was putting her makeup on this morning as I dabbed some pan pastel color here and there! She may be done, or maybe not. I don't seem to be in a hurry with this one at all.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I always appreciate your comments.

I'm linking this with the 29 Faces Challenge . Check it out to see some fabulous work from artists all around the world.

7 comments:

  1. Watercolor over gesso. That sounds pretty interesting. Gonna have to try it. I like her a lot and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great watercolor. That sounds interesting, watercolor over gesso. Ooops, I see Wendy said that, but I agree. Nice job Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you are not in a hurry with her - I think that's the way it should be. Sometimes our paintings are done and we know it, and sometimes we feel that something is still missing but we have no idea what it is. However, it will come eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff! I love the evolution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely dreamy piece of magic!!

    ReplyDelete