Monday, February 10, 2014

Stylized Faces

I don't know that I'm good at stylized faces. I've been doodling faces my whole life, but when I try to be deliberately stylized, I feel a bit of a block. Anyway, here are three attempts at a stylized face, all using the same reference.











I'm call this last one "After the Swim" thanks to her green hair! These faces were so fun to do. They're on pieces of chipboard with a little gesso, then some marker and colored pencil -- another idea from Carla Sonheim's Faces 101 class. I like how each one is very different, even though I was looking at the same photo reference for inspiration.








3 comments:

  1. I love your ink faces and I love your colored paintings. So different and and yet so attractive and beautiful.
    Greetings from Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab collection. They all have their own character. I particularly like the second one.

    ReplyDelete